Rich Media constitutes an ad that includes advanced features like video, audio, or other elements that encourage viewers to interact and engage with the content. As such they are subject to special pricing.
- All 3rd party tags (creative serving AND tracking-only) and accompanying technologies being served by the tags must be SSL (HTTPS) and Safeframe Compliant.
- All units need to be built in HTML5, JPG or GIF. Flash is no longer supported.
- All Rich Media ads require an approved third party-served tag. Assets must be hosted and served via approved third party. Non-hosted HTML5 assets may not be accepted
- Tags should be sent as .txt or in an Excel / spreadsheet document. Do not supply tags in .rtf or in the body of an email
- Total Animation Time: 30 seconds - 1 animation
loop (*No strobing elements after 30 seconds)
- Initial load - 60k
- Additional "Polite" File Load -
Polite load represents the additional user-initiated files downloaded after the page loads.
- Max Combined file size: 250k;
- Video to be initiated by user and served via OVP such as YouTube, Vimeo, JW, etc.
- Please note fallback images are not supported when using HTML5 via DFP.
- Also see DoubleClick developer best practices
- Max of 5 individual creatives in rotation at one time, unless otherwise specified for a particular placement.
- Max of 1 code change per week, unless otherwise specified.
- Submit all 3rd party creative tags to your Campaign Manager, 3 days prior to campaign launch for static creative, 5 days prior for rich media.